Privacy & Terms of Service
The Funnelry recognizes the importance of protecting your privacy and the security of your information and we want you to be as comfortable as possible when using the products and services we offer.
- through your use of our products, offerings, features, tools, services or resources that we provide on our Website ;
- when you participate in any promotions, surveys or we run or otherwise make available to you;
- when you subscribe to The Funnelry list; or
- through any other means.
WHAT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU IS COLLECTED BY US?
We collect two types of information: personally identifiable information and non-personally identifiable information.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”)
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
From time to time, we also may collect information that by itself cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information (like profession & region) (“Non-PII”). Non-PII may also include user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website. Non-PII is used to help us understand who uses our Website and to improve and market our Website and Services in particular and our Products and Offerings in general.
WHAT ARE THE MAIN CONSEQUENCES IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE PII?
You do not have to provide us with any PII, however, if you choose to withhold requested information, you may not be able to utilize our full offering, access special services or we may not be able to provide you with personalized support that is dependent upon the collection of such information.
WHERE AND WHEN IS YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED BY US?
We may collect information (including PII) from you in a variety of different ways, both in an offline context and online, through our Online Products or other means. This collection may occur when you sign up to newsletters, purchase Products or Offerings, sign-up for subscriptions.
Cookies and Action Tags on our Website.
We also collect Non-PII on our Website passively using “cookies” and “action tags”.
“Cookies” are small text files that are placed on your computer or mobile device in order to identify (i) your web browser, (ii) the activities of your computer on our Website and (iii) your activity in connection with our advertisements and other marketing and promotional efforts. Cookies may be used to:
- personalize your experience on our Website (e.g., to dynamically generate content on webpages specifically designed for you),
- assist you in using our Online Products (e.g., to save you time by not having to re-enter your name upon each visit to our Website), and
- allow us to statistically monitor how you are using our Website for purposes of improving our online offerings
You do not have to accept cookies to use our Website, however, you may not be able to use certain products, offerings, features, or resources of our Website (including our Online Products) if you do not accept cookies. Although most browsers are initially set to accept cookies, you may reset your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie or to reject cookies generally. Most browsers offer instructions on how to do so in the “Help” section of the toolbar.
“Action tags,” also known as web beacons or GIF tags, are a web technology used to help track anonymous website usage information, such as how many times a specific page has been viewed. Action tags are invisible to you, and any portion of our Website, including advertisements, or email sent on our behalf, may contain action tags. Unlike cookies, action tags are not placed on your computer.
Social Media Features and Widgets on our Website
Online Products including digital downloads
We collect information, some of which may be PII, that you voluntarily provide to us when you choose to use some of our Online Products.
Log Files of our Website.
We also collect Non-PII through our Internet log files, which record data such as user IP addresses, browser types, domain names, and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our Website. This information may be used to analyze trends, to administer the Website, to monitor our Website’s use, and to gather general demographic information. We may link this information to PII for these and other purposes such as personalizing your experience on our Website and evaluating our Online Products in general.
DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
We are committed to protecting the privacy of children. Our offerings are generally not designed for or directed to children, and are only for use by individuals who are 18 years and older. On our Website, we do not collect PII from any person we actually know is under the age of 18. In the online space particularly, parents or guardians are urged to participate in their children’s exploration of the Internet and to teach their children about protecting their personal information while online.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND WHERE DO WE HOLD IT?
In general, we use the PII and Non-PII collected to provide you with the relevant information, Products and Offerings (which on digital platforms may include the display of personalized content and advertising), to fulfill administrative functions associated with these services, for example billing and account management.
From time to time we will also use PII for the purpose of marketing to you through electronic channels. This will include letting you know about new products and services we feel you may be interested in. You can contact us at any time if you wish to change your preferences for marketing purposes. (See Contacting Us below for more information). We may also use the information collected to contact you about important service announcements and updates regarding our Website, Products or Offerings, including information about your billing account status. We may also seek to contact you on social media using the PII we have on record, for instance to invite you to follow us on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
We may also use the information gathered on our Website and through our Products and Offerings to perform statistical analysis of user behavior or to evaluate and improve our Products and Offerings.
When you provide us with your PII, this information may be collected, stored and processed on secure servers located in Australia or New Zealand or outside of Australia and New Zealand.
WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES?
In line with modern business practices common to many organizations, we may disclose your PII to the organizations described below. Where your PII is disclosed we will seek to ensure the information is held, used or disclosed consistently with applicable privacy laws and codes by those parties.
Laws and Legal Rights.
We may also disclose your information (including PII) if we believe in good faith that we are required to do so in order to comply with an applicable statute, regulation, rule or law, a subpoena, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other valid legal process. We may disclose PII in special circumstances when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be violating our terms of Membership, Website Terms & Conditions or our Subscription Agreement, or to protect the safety and/or security of our clients, users, our Website or the general public.
Third Parties Generally
We may provide to third parties information about you that does not allow you to be identified or contacted, including where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our Website, Products or Offerings. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our Website, the demographic breakdown of the community users of our Website, or the activities that visitors to our Website engage in while on our Website. The third parties to which we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services (including website tracking services), commercial partners, sponsors, researchers and other similar parties
IS THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT SECURE?
We want your information (including PII) to remain as secure as reasonably possible. We strive to provide secure transmission of your information from your computer to our servers through industry-standard techniques. Regarding all information, we take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to protect the information from misuse, interference and loss and from any unauthorized access, modification or disclosure.
The servers on which we store PII are located in controlled, secure environments, protected from unauthorized access, use, or alteration.
With respect to transmission by the Internet, notwithstanding the above commitments to protect your information (including PII) from loss, misuse or alteration by third parties, you should be aware that there is always some risk involved in transmitting information over the Internet. There is also some risk that others could find a way to thwart our security systems. As a result, while we strive to protect your information, we cannot absolutely ensure or warrant the security and privacy of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
WHAT CHOICES DO YOU HAVE REGARDING THE COLLECTION, DISCLOSURE AND DISTRIBUTION OF YOUR INFORMATION?
CAN YOU ACCESS, UPDATE OR CORRECT YOUR INFORMATION?
You should be aware that it is not technologically possible to remove each and every record of the information you have provided to us from our systems. The need to back-up our systems to protect information from inadvertent loss means that a copy of your PII may exist in a non-erasable form that will be difficult or impossible for us to locate. We promise that promptly after receiving your request, all PII stored in databases we actively use and other readily searchable media will be updated, corrected, changed or deleted, as appropriate, as soon as reasonably practicable.
WHOM DO YOU CONTACT IF YOU HAVE ANY PRIVACY QUESTIONS OR WISH TO MAKE A COMPLAINT?
Email us at:
Any complaints you make with us will be dealt with as soon as is practicable during business hours. You will generally be contacted regarding your correspondence through the contact details provided.
(Last modified as of 14 October 2016)
Terms of service
Communication & Timelines
- Shell reserves the right to refuse service when projects are deemed inappropriate.
- Shell works with multiple clients at any given time and apportions time between them accordingly.
- Shell also disconnects after 3pm and on weekends so she can focus on her family. Emails and voicemails will be returned from 9am the following business day.
- The client should have one primary contact for all revisions and approvals.
- Revisions should be requested in writing, and within 3 days of receiving a draft.
- In-scope amends will be made within 2 business days and resubmitted for approval.
- Once approval is submitted, the final invoice will be issued.
- If revisions have not been requested within 7 days of the first draft being delivered, approval of the project will be assumed and final invoice issued.
- All amounts are listed in AUD
- GST will be added for Australian clients only.
- A non-refundable booking fee of 50% of the total amount is required on acceptance of the project. This amount will be deducted from the total due on completion.
- Payments are due within 7 days of invoice.
- Unless prior arrangements are made, payments not received within the specified payment terms, will attract a late fee charge of $25.
- If payment is defaulted, The Funnelry may list the client with credit reporting agencies.
- Urgent work will incur a 25% surcharge.
- Additional costs such as media, not included in the original quote will be invoiced separately.
- Copyright remains with The Funnelry for all works created, unless otherwise agreed.
- This copyright includes all freely available content, such as blog posts, lead generation and emails.
- This copyright also covers all paid downloads and courses created by The Funnelry.
- Breaches of copyright will incur immediate legal action.
- The Funnelry retains the right to publish portions of the project as part of an ongoing portfolio. If the Client would prefer this not to occur, please notify The Funnelry.
Liability, release and indemnity
- Materials provided by the client are assumed to be legal and accurate.
- The Funnelry cannot be held responsible for how the material produced is used once the project is complete.
- The Funnelry takes no responsibility for client deadlines with third parties.
- The client agrees to indemnify and to hold The Funnelry and associated parties harmless against any and all claims, costs, and expenses, including solicitors fees, due to materials included in any work undertaken at their request.
- Any claim by the Client as to incorrect performance or breach of these terms and conditions must be made to The Funnelry in writing within seven days of delivery.
Due to the complex nature of search engine ranking, The Funnelry cannot guarantee any specific ranking as a result of publishing optimized copywriting.
The Funnelry accepts no responsibility or liability for any actions taken by the Client that cause the website of ‘the Client’ to be penalized or banned from any Search Engine.
At times, affiliate links are included throughout The Funnelry website. These are only ever for services and products Shell wholeheartedly endorses and uses. Such links will be disclosed in each individual piece.